THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Monday, January 25, 2010

Additional Insight

Caitlin made a comment on my last blog that made me step back and think, as her comments usually do. She pointed out that "Up" also shows us that sometimes the adventure we set out to have is not always the adventure we end up having. I am living proof that is true.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have pictured myself where I am now. Those who put up with me at BYU know exactly how I wanted my adventure to turn out, but the Lord knows us all perfectly. He knows that sometimes the adventures we plan on having aren't the adventures we need to have to be able to let go of the "house" holding us back. He knew that I didn't need he-who-shall-not-be-named, He also knew that I had lessons to learn back in California and wouldn't finish my time at BYU. He knew that I needed to be the ward chorister so that I could be right under the nose of the man who would accompany me on my life's adventure.
He knows us and loves us so perfectly that He is willing to let us suffer through heartbreak (lots and lots and lots of heartbreak. Lots.) to make us stronger and prepare us for the real adventure that lies ahead.
And He also teaches us lessons in the most unexpected places.

No comments: