THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas is:



Homemade gifts wrapped in pretty paper with pretty bows and pretty gift tags.


 Lights, lights, and more lights.
 Free tickets to Universal Studios and a day of goofing off together.
 Ginormous Christmas trees (this one courtesy of Disneyland)

Family, minus one.  
 Having fun with best friends.
 The Castle all lit up at night time.
Christmas fireworks at Disneyland and snow on Mainstreet.  (I've been three times so far and plan on trying to go again next week before Christmas)


Christmas is a lot of things this year, but most importantly of all, Christmas is a time for us to remember our Savior.  I loved teaching my Primary children about the greatest gift of all today in Sunday School.  Me: "Today we're going to learn about the best, most amazing, most awesome gift in the WHOLE WORLD."  
Kids: "Better than a lime green beach cruiser?"  "Better than legos?"  
Me:  "Yes.  Better than all of those things."  
Kid:  "I don't know about that.  Legos are the best thing ever."

I hope that at this wonderful time of year, we can enjoy the gifts, lights, trees, and fireworks, but that we can also remember why we have gifts, lights, and trees.  I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to send the greatest gift of all, His Son.

No comments: