I am having a giveaway. Aren't you excited? I know I'm excited for one of the three people who read my blog to win this apron.
I am giving one lucky reader this apron:
I made it. With my hands. And my sewing machine. With lots of help from my seam ripper. I love the way it turned out, just not on me. Unfortunately, the awesome polar bear pj pants are NOT included in the giveaway. I know, I'm sorry. It really is unfortunate, but look on the bright side... you just might win the awesome apron I made! It may or may not be a little rough around the edges, but give me a break! It was my first try at sewing an apron with the most vague pattern I've ever had the privilege to use.
TO ENTER:
Leave a comment on this post telling me what goodie you would make while wearing this apron. Easy as pie! Or brownies... or cookies... or cake... You get the idea. Oh, and you get an extra entry if you leave the recipe for the yummy baked good.
This giveaway will close on SUNDAY MARCH 12! Good luck!


5 comments:
First of all, you're adorable and I love you.
Second, I would bake my little heart out and make my favorite treat: oatmeal pumpkin cookies! I tweaked this recipe so it's kinda my own, kinda Lolly Gardner's (whoever she is...)
4 Cups flour
2 C oats
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 C butter
2 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
Cream butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla together. Mix in pumpkin. Add into dry remaining ingredients. Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes.
I totally read your blog, and love it!! I want that apron- so dang cute :) I will wear it while I am making chocolate chip cookies.
Recipe:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp soda
1 tsp powder
3 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
chooclate chips--LOTS of em'
bake 12 minutes at 350. SO delish!
I LOVE this apron!!! I have been wanting a cute full apron for the longest time, you have no idea :) I have been wanting to try this new recipe for the longest time, and I know if I won this apron I would totally make it :D It is called...
Strawberry Cream Puff Cake
by MyKitchenCafe
2 cups or one carton of strawberries, sliced
Cream Puff Base:
5 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
2/3 cup flour
3 eggs
Cream Cheese Mixture:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup powdered sugar
For the cream puff layer, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bring the butter, water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the flour all at once and stir quickly until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the mixture until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until the mixture is shiny with a satiny sheen. Don’t overbeat. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan (or in a pinch, you could use a 9-inch circle cake pan).
Using an offset spatula, spread the mixture on the bottom and one inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Don't look at my picture. I skimmed the instructions and put it 2 inches up the side instead of one. This part can be tricky. I've found sometimes it's easier to spread with clean hands.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and prick pastry with a toothpick 10-12 times. Return to the oven and bake 5-10 minutes more until golden brown but not overbaked (you can insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out with sticky dough, it still needs longer in the oven). Cool completely.
For the cream cheese mixture, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar (sift if necessary)and beat with the cream cheese until mixture is smooth and light. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread onto the cooled cream puff shell.
Top with fresh sliced strawberries. Keep in the fridge until serving. My strawberries weren't that sweet so I put the sliced strawberries in the fridge with a couple tablespoons of sugar for an hour and they made their own sauce.
I am not supposed to be blogging or stalking until Sunday...but I had to click on this and enter because that is the CUTEST APRON EVER! Have I told you my very fave color is yellow?
I would be way more motivated to cook if I owned that beauty...
I love banana bread so would try this recipe:
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x5 inch pan.
2.Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour and soda, stirring just until combined.
3.Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour (or till toothpick comes out clean). Remove from pan and let cool, store in refrigerator or freeze.
PS. I think it would be super fun if you hosted a giveaway like this on my blog. Let me know if your interested!
Love it! I want this so bad! You haven't picked anyone yet, right (my clock says 1:52 - -we haven't changed our clocks yet.
Post a Comment