THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Sunday, September 8, 2013

August Bumpdate

Well, another month has come and gone, and we're another week closer to meeting our sweet (and stubborn) little girl!  August was a pretty boring, and insanely hot month, and quite frankly - I'm glad its over!  I am ready for September!

*** DISCLAIMER***  Ginger is NOT going to be our little girl's real name.  There are a number of people who have heard me call her Ginger and thought that we were really going to do that to our little girl, who is more than likely actually going to be a ginger.  This is not the case - it is a nickname we gave her to bug my mom since she will probably be a red-head and we don't actually have a name for her yet.

8/5: 27 Weeks.  We attempted to do a 3D ultrasound this week and invited our families.  Unfortunately, Ginger is in the breech position and is literally folded in half.  She covered her face with her feet the entire time we were there and we didn't get to see her :(

8/12: 28 Weeks.  Attempt numero dos at the 3D ultrasound.  Like I said - we have a stubborn little girl. She was still breech and still folded in half.  Still no pictures of our little girl.  We believe more than ever now that she is a red-head, and all the personality traits that come along with the fiery hair.
 I also saw Dr. Dimmette this week.  I'm now at the point where my monthly visits move to every two weeks.  Yay for lots of waiting two times a month instead of one!  

8/19: 29 Weeks.  We got another step closer to finishing the nursery.  There are now patches of grey and lilac paint all over the primer white walls.  Grey is a crazy hard color to pick out, just in case you were wondering.  The lilac paint I am ready to go, but I'm still deciding on the grey.  Hopefully I figure it out soon!

8/26: 30 Weeks!  When I hit 30 weeks, it felt like such a huge milestone!  Now I can count on my hands how many weeks I have left, instead of having to use both my fingers AND my toes!  
We had our third and final attempt at a our 3D ultrasound this week.  Ginger is finally head down, but still folded in half.  At one point, one of her feet was actually resting on top of her head.  We did get ONE semi-decent picture of half of her face... enough to see that she has a cute little pixie nose!  Better than nothing, I suppose.  But this third attempt was definitely confirmation that she is a red-head.  She is SO STUBBORN!  Nothing we did could get her to move so we could see her.  She better not be that camera shy when she gets here!
I also saw Dr. Dimmette again this week, and she did an ultrasound!  This was the first one she had done since my first trimester, so I was pretty excited, AND Nick was able to come!  Double bonus.  Dr. Dimmette says Ginger is measuring right on track, which is especially good to hear because of the gestational diabetes.  Ginger has long legs that measure a week and a half ahead of schedule, and a slender belly measuring a week behind, so right now she is long and thin.


This little girl has turned into a ninja over the past month, and her favorite spot to kick is my lungs.  Sometimes she literally takes my breath away, but I secretly (or not so secretly, since now I've told the one person who reads this blog...) love when she kicks and punches and beats up my organs.  Every little movement is a reassurance that Ginger is growing healthy and strong.  I am grateful for her movements, and worry about her when I don't feel her for a little while.

My gestational diabete is more or less under control at this point.  I can honestly say it is not nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be, and I don't feel deprived at all... most of the time.  Its definitely hard when your in-laws buy a ginourmous chocolate cake and offer you a piece, but I'm strong enough to turn it down.  My will power is crazy awesome when it comes to my GD because I know that every choice I make with regard to my food is a choice that affects Ginger way more than it affects me.  If I make bad choices, it puts her and risk for childhood obesity and diabetes - I definitely don't want my poor judgement to set her up for failure before she is even born!  

I am so excited for September to be here!  Coming up this month:  Nick's birthday, my birthday, my baby shower, my gorgeous future sister-in-law's bridal shower, a mini baby-moon with my love, AND some more exciting things that I'm not supposed to tell anyone about!  Next month's bumpdate is going to be amazing.  Until then...

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm pretty much obsessed with your belly bump pictures. I love everything about them. I love your same outfit for comparisons, I love your different hair in each shot and I love the chalkboard. You look fabulous. I'm glad that the GD situation has become easier for you. I felt that same way. IT was the easiest diet I have ever been on because I knew I needed to stick with it for the health of my baby. I can't wait to see cute little Ginger's face! 10 weeks to go!

Caitlinp said...

Good grief you're gorgeous. Oh I hope she really is a ginger. The world needs more fiery red-heads! And look, 2 people read your blog!!

Natalee said...

Seriously!!! Your updates are my fave!! You are soooo adorable. Pregnancy looks amazing on you.