THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Any Suggestions?

So, still no word about the house. I'm starting to think we might not hear this week. Sad day. In the mean time, I keep my mind busy with other worries. Like when we do get the house (you like my positive thinking there?) what the heck are we going to do about furniture? The couches we have are ancient, and even worse than that... Ugly as sin. We don't have a washer or dryer (we'll probably have to buy a used set off craigslist). So needless to say I spend much of my time worrying about how we are going to furnish our house once we have our house.
Any suggestions? I've thought about going on craigslist to find couches, but it takes so much time to sift through the junk to find them gems, and time, my friends, is something I seem to be constantly running out of these days. Anybody know somebody with decent couches that need a new home? If not, I'm going to have to look into slipcovers, and I know those can get a little pricey for decent ones. I'm sure it will all work out, but I would LOVE suggestions from you guys.
What are some good places to get decent quality furniture at a price that's not going to force me to sell one of my kidneys on the black market? Keep in mind that I'm in southern california...

2 comments:

Claudie said...

Line upon Line
Precept upon Precept

Don't sweat the small stuff...Do with what you have and sew your little heart away and in the future get the ones you will like to have with your family (hint Leather works well with kids). Plus the furniture is not what makes a home...family is what makes a home with lot's of LOVE.

Amy said...

Craigslist! I bought both of our slipcover couches on it. (and most of what's in our family room) Good luck!