THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Friday, June 28, 2013

Move Baby, Move!

If you were hoping for more pictures, sorry... No pictures this time.  I will put up my weekly belly pictures at the end of the month.

I've been meaning to write this post for almost two weeks now, but what can I say?  I'm lazy. 

I've been waiting eagerly to be able to feel this little girl move inside me, and I finally did!  I was 20 weeks on June 17 and was sitting at my desk at work when I felt little flutters.  I sat there, afraid to move because I was hoping it was her, and I felt it again, and then again.  Just sitting there feeling this little miracle move inside me brought tears to my eyes.  Sometimes I honestly can't believe that this is really happening - it feels like we had to wait so long for this stage of our lives and we have been through so much on our journey to get here.  Its all very surreal at times. 

Feeling her movements is the most amazing experience for me.  Every time I feel her, I stay so still wanting to keep feeling those little flutters and kicks.  Now that I know what it feels like, I have started feeling her more and more, and her movements are getting stronger every day.  I feel her the most sitting at my desk at work in the morning and right before lunch, and then in the evenings when I'm laying down on my back.  I cannot WAIT for Nick to be able to feel her as well.

Pregnancy is such an amazing gift.  I have known so many women who struggle through their pregnancies and are super duper sick the whole time - and I am so grateful that my pregnancy has been as easy as it has been so far.  I have also known women that do nothing but complain about every little thing - and that has always bothered me.  Although I haven't had the extreme of some of the symptoms that other women have, and while I sympathize that they are miserable, I still can't understand why they take such a blessing for granted.  Every symptom I've had - everytime I want to cut my boobs off because they hurt so bad, or my ankles swell up so much that it hurts to walk (yeah... that just started! Thankfully only when I eat salty foods.), or I'm so tired I almost fall asleep at work, or when I forget important things, or my legs get such bad cramps in the middle of the night that I wake up crying... everytime I feel something to do with the pregnancy it just makes my heart swell with gratitude for the incredible blessing growing inside me.  God has entrusted me with the care and protection of one of His choicest spirits.  What an immense responsibility that is, and what a gift!  I am grateful for everything that comes with pregnancy, both good and bad, because there are so many women out there who struggle to get pregnant and those who are not able to get pregnant at all.  I feel so lucky to be able to go through this experience.

My heart is full to the point of exploding.  I already love this little nameless girl so much, and she continues to solidify her place in my heart with every kick and flip.  I am excited to be able to feel her even more as she grows and gets stronger... though I may regret that when she is kicking me in the ribs...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Feeling your baby move inside you is one of the best feelings in the whole world. How exciting that you are experiencing that now! I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you have such a great outlook on the pregnancy experience too. :-)