THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Biggest Loser

Okay, so remember how I auditioned to be on The Biggest Loser and made it to a second interview? Well the season I would have been on started today. I watched it when I got home from class, and as I watched, I cried. I cried, and I cried, and I cried some more. I know that when people look at me they don't see a big fat girl, but in all reality, that's what I am. I weigh close to 215 lbs and wear a size 16. I know that I need to do something about the path I'm on before it's too late, because I know what my future will be if I don't. My grandmother died from complications with her morbid obesiety and her diabetes. My aunt is morbidly obese. My cousin is obese. My sister is obese. I am obese.
I want to have kids in the next year or two, and I'm terrified of being a fat mom. I'm terrified that my kids will be embarrased by me. I don't want to be fat my whole life. I've always struggled with my weight, and I know it's something I'll battle with my whole life, but it's time for me to stop losing and fight back.
My friend Kim from school and I are starting a sort of Biggest Loser type thing. We're going to create a blog, have weekly weigh in's, and make our weight loss into a competition. We plan on getting together this Saturday to kick things off, but I want to open it up to everyone. Whether you want to join us in our fight against fat, or you just want to offer your support, we'd love to have you. Our blog is http://gofromflabtofab.blogspot.com/ . Its going to be private because we're going to post scary pictures of us in sport's bras like they do on the show, but if you'd like access, just email me at kgrafton615@hotmail.com.
I don't want to be held back because of my weight, so I'm going to make a change, and everyone here is a witness. There's no going back, and hopefully by Thanksgiving I'll be a healthier, skinner, happier me.

5 comments:

Natalee said...

Count me in Kim! I'm not just a supporter, I am a participant!

elgringo said...

Are boys allowed? I've got a wedding to get thinner for! Also, we need to talk because I want to tell you all about the coolness that will be my wedding.

One wedding fact: Engagement photos: official police station mugshots.

Soak that up and I'll talk to you soon.

Kimberly Grafton said...

We are an affirmative action club, so we need at least one man... looks like you're it! Call me sometime, because I want to hear all about your wedding plans, and I had seriously better be invited. Give me your email so I can give you access to the fat kids blog

elgringo said...

Hey Kim! I'll call you soon.
You and Nick are definitely invited.
It's on Jan. 3rd in California!
My e-mail is: s_knopf@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Just happened to come across your blog doing a google search for The Biggest Loser!

Just wanted to say that you are very beautiful !!! Your idea of your own Biggest Loser is great! I would of loved to participate on the show but I live in Canada and I'm probably not "big" enough (I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing!!!).

I would love access to your blog if that's okay? I'm also trying to lose weight as well and need to get cracking. Hope we can motivate each other?

caitlinmcvicar@hotmail.com if you wish!