THE ADVENTURES OF A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS AND HER FROG PRINCE

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Resolutions, New Found Resolve

Hello 2011!!  Welcome!!  I'm glad you're finally here.
2011 is going to be a great year.  In case you were wondering, eleven just so happens to be my favorite number, so I think it's a sign... destiny, if you will.
Every year I make New Year's Resolutions, and I fail miserably to keep each and every one of them.  This year, I am making resolutions, but I am changing things a little.  I am going to make monthly resolutions instead of yearly resolutions.  My friend Marie (who has a BOMB pizza place in Provo called The Parlor.. say that five times fast... if you just happen to be in that area) pointed out that monthly resolutions are much more likely to be kept than yearly ones, so I'm jumping on her bandwagon.

These are my January resolutions:
1.  Attend the temple at least once.
2.  Read my scriptures everyday - whether it's one verse, one chapter, one page, or for one hour... just get in the habit (I am REALLY bad at this one)
3.  Loose at least 5 pounds.  I really need to make an effort to get healthy this year!
4.  Give up soda and go to the gym twice a week.  This is the only one I'm really worried about... soda and I have a wonderfully tasty love affair, and the gym and I are mortal enemies...

I can do it!  Each one of these things is incredibly important to me, so I am confident that I will achieve my goals.

In addition to my monthly resolutions, I have decided to go on a year long daily photo journey.  You can accompany me on that journey, if you'd like, by clicking here.  I'm quite excited about this.

All in all, I am excited for the new year.  I know in my heart that this is going to be the year Nick and I have been waiting and wishing for.  I know this year holds many wonderful things for us, and I hope it holds great things for all of you as well.

Happy New Year.  May it be filled with joy, laughter, love, and friendship.

1 comment:

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Happy New Year!!! I love that idea of doing monthly resolutions. I might try that too!! You have a wondeful list this month! I need to do most of those things too!